You can deep fry the Brussels Sprouts, like David Chang or Brian Voltaggio, but it's still pretty damn good to just roast them at high heat for 25 minutes - and relatively more healthy.
- 1# Brussels Sprouts, halved (or quartered)
- 2-4 Tb canola, vegetable or peanut oil
- 1/4 c. fish sauce
- 2 Tb water
- 2 Tb rice wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tb granulated sugar
- 1 Tb chili paste (e.g.; Sambal Oelek)
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Mix the cut Brussels Sprouts with the oil. Lay them out on a baking sheet and then put the sheet in the oven for 25 minutes.
- In a small jar, mix the remaining ingredients.
- When the Brussels Sprouts are out of the oven, put them in a shallow bowl and place about 1/2 of the ingredients in the jar with the sprouts. Taste one to see if it works for you. If it needs more, add more sauce from the jar.