- 1 to 11/2 # of cod
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bulb fennel, quartered, core cut away, thinly sliced
- 1 small to medium yellow skinned onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 small to medium tomatoes, diced/chopped
- Black pepper
- Chopped fennel fronds and/or dill
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Rinse fish and squeeze lemon juice over it. Season the fish with a little salt and reserve.
- Heat a large oven proof pan over medium heat. Add olive oil, fennel and onion and season with salt. Sauté fennel and onions 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add white wine and reduce till nearly dry.
- Add broth and tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Set fish into pan and add a fennel fronds and dill to the broth and set the pan into the hot oven to cook.
- Cook 12 minutes, until fish is opaque.