- Frying oil
- 1/2 bag spinach
- 1/2 c. Greek Yogurt
- 4 dates, pitted, chopped fine
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- Few tablespoons of pico del gallo or mild tomato salsa
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- Dry the spinach. Take it out and spread it out on paper towels or dish towels. Make sure it's relatively dry because you're going to fry it and spinach contains a lot of water.
- Sauce: In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, dates, coriander, cumin, curry powder, lemon juice. Mix well. It should be a slightly runny. If not, add a small amount of water to mix.
- Frying: Use a deep fryer, or in a small pot fill oil to 1/2" inch and put over medium high heat.
- In small batches, add spinach to the frying oil and be careful as it will spatter. Fry for 30-60 seconds depending on heat of the oil. Place the fried spinach on paper towels to dry. Repeat with the rest of the spinach.
- Plating: Put the leaves on a plate and drizzle with the yogurt sauce. Top with the pico de gallo and minced shallot.